A new coalition is born
The Melanoma Action Coalition was formally launched today! Read our first press release:
August 4, 2015…The Melanoma Action Coalition (MAC) announced its formation today to mobilize melanoma foundations and the community at large into a cohesive organization to combat melanoma through prevention, awareness and research. With strength in numbers and utilizing unique skill sets in public relations, advertising, public policy and consumer behavior, MAC will be a formidable force in the cause of preventing death from melanoma.
The founding members include:
· Defeat Melanoma/Jeff Dulude Melanoma Foundation, Phoenix, AZ
· The Enright Melanoma Foundation, Summit, NJ
· Larry’s Legacy – Sunflowers of Hope, Media, PA
· The Live4Life Foundation, New York, NY
· Melanoma Know More, Cincinnati, OH
· The Mollie Biggane Melanoma Foundation, Garden City, NY
· Moving for Melanoma of Delaware, Middletown, DE
· The Peggy Spiegler Melanoma Research Foundation, Cherry Hill, NJ
· The Promise Foundation, Ridgewood, NJ
· The White Aisle Foundation, Baltimore, MD
· Meyer “Skip” Grinberg, Pittsburgh, PA
All of MAC’s founding members have suffered a loss or been touched by this horrific disease, melanoma. From this grief has emerged a passion to prevent others from going through the same tragedy. Melanoma patients and their families are invited to join our community to help defeat melanoma. The medical community, business community, and media are also asked to join our fight.
Watch out melanoma, we are coming to get you!
Leave a Reply.
MAC's news page provides the latest information about our coalition, its member foundations, melanoma research, and sun safety initiatives. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for our latest posts.